Blog Archive

8.08.2010

mess around.

I can't stop listening to ray charles' "mess around."

I don't even know why I downloaded it, but i've played it like 10 times in a row. hi, obsession.

anyway, I'm reading "breakfast at tiffany's" (finally)
and, it's confirmed in my brain, I want to be ms. golightly.
the whole, prescription dark large sunglasses thin/ fashionable/never-answering-questions-but-always-asking-them...demeanor = me. Or at least, the me I want to be.

so far, i've found a couple of passages that I really like, let me share one of them :

"I don't want to own anything until I  know I've found the place where me and things belong together. i'm not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what it's like." she smiled, and let the cat drop to the floor. "It's like Tiffany's," she said. "Not that I give a hoot about jewelry. Diamonds, yes. But it's tacky to wear diamonds before you're forty; and even that's risky. They only look right on the really old girls. Maria Ouspenskaya. Wrinkles and bones, white hair and diamonds: I can't wait.
...What I've found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there..."

hi, love.
**Winnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
peace is for everyone.

Followers

facebook peeps