Blog Archive

8.21.2010

ain't no angel gonna greet me, it's just you and I my friend...


I only had to see the movie once to know that it was probably one of the better movies I would see in my lifetime.

I don't really know what made me think of this.

anyway,

here is my list of goals for the 1st quarter for the 5th grade. I would post the list for all of the grades, but a lot of them overlap/repeat...and, the 5th graders have the longest list.
so ya.

Also, these 5th grades have had me/ and will have me for the least amount of time, so they have A LOT of catching up to do.

the reason for this goal sheet is

1) I'm a goal nazi, and believe in writing things down and them crossing them off (for the sense of completion...)

and

2) I gave the kids a simple quiz on the first day of class, and at least 80% of them had no clue what the primary colors were, and most of them didn't know that a portrait was "a picture of a person" rather than a "picture of the outdoors."

So... I have my work cut out for me. 

anyway..here goes (if you have any suggestions, post a comment)

by the end of the 1st quarter goals
5th graders will know:

*Tertiary colors
*Value Scale/ Tints/ Shades

*Lines and Emotions (how line quality can express emotions)
*Color and Emotions (Color=Emotions)
*Composition
*Still life (black and white)
*1pt perspective (review)
*2 pt Perspective

Vocabulary
-Tertiary
-Tint (add white)
-Shade (add black)
-Value Scale (light to dark)
-Repetition, Rhythm
-Emotions
-Expression/Expressionism (colorist artists/fauves)
-Composition (s-curve, circular, triangular)
-Emphasis
-Still life
-1 pt perspective
-Horizon Line
-Vanishing Point
-Landscape/Cityscape/ Seascape
-2 pt perspective.


Realistically, I will finish about 60-70% of this list, but that's better than nothing.


I might have to re-arrange the order of these things, because I want to focus more on color for the 2nd semester...
so we'll see.





can i tell you a secret? pfft... of course I can. dammit a mosquito just took some of my blood!

anyway, the secret is:

I want to open up my own art school. I don't even have the slightest clue as to how I would do something like that, but really want to have my own art institute for children. and I want absolutely NO affiliation with the art academy or the contempz...
I want it to be completely independent, and totally functioning.


YES that's on my life's goal sheet.
and when i cross that off, i will be one happy lady.

that's all.
oh, and just so that i'll remember. today while I was making a deposit in my bank, I happened to step into the booth with your name written right in front of my face. is it fate?

yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

grapes,
**winnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
peace is for everyone.

Followers

facebook peeps