Blog Archive

8.11.2010

"home is where my friend is..."


oh my god, it's been SO long since I story, a SHORT story, has made me cry this hard.

Truman Capote's "a christmas memory" is SO well written. I think it's like a 10 page story? oh my god....so good.

my eyes are still watering. I have to remember to try and find a solo copy of this story, because it pieces such as these are meant to be kept and treasured.

last paragraph:

"And when that happens, I know it. A message saying so merely confirms a piece of news some secret vein had already received, severing from me an irreplaceable part of myself, letting it loose like a kite on a broken string. That is why, walking across a school campus on this particular December morning, I keep searching the sky. As if I expected to see, rather like hearts, a lost pair of kites hurrying toward heaven."

teardrops. teardrops for days.
**Winnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
peace is for everyone.

Followers

facebook peeps