Blog Archive

9.03.2010

you may ask yourself, well..how did I get here?

there are lessons ready to be learned everywhere.

 so, last night i got pulled over for going down the wrong way on a one way street. it was late, and I had just sang...50,000 songs...and I was in a unfamiliar road in kaimuki (9th ave....which, by the way, i'm never going to go to ever again...)

 

I had to do the "walk-in-a-straight-line" test...and of course, I passed, because I wasn't drunk...I was just tired, shocked from the events of the day (and i'm not even referring to being pulled over...) and, basically...just not paying attention.


so, i was let go without any penalty...(thank you, god, daddy, and lucky stars)
and I drove home safely at the exact speed posted on ever sign the whoolllllllllle way home. O.O

 

but, let me tell you, this experience has proven to be quite life-changing for me, in terms of it being one of the first (significant) events of my new 28th year of life...

 

first and foremost, 

i need to pay attention.

 

If someone were to turn up the street, I would've got into a total head-on. The police officer kept asking..." didn't you notice that all of the cars were parked in one direction?" 

and I was like..." really?" lol. (dumbest thing EVER to say.)

 

so ya...1st lesson: PAY ATTENTION.

 

but secondly: it's time to stop going down the wrong way on a one-way-road.

 

I'm not going to disclose any of the information that  I found out last night (about a certain someone)

but, in thinking of everything from the past,
all of the signs were pointing in one direction, and even though I saw the signs, I kept heading down that road (almost full force) going the wrong way. 

 

I actually spent days/nights/weeks/months/years crying,wondering,and basically trying to fool myself into loving this person...even though deep down inside, I knew that not only was it going nowhere, but it was going nowhere in the wrong direction. lol. 


And if you've subscribed to my life in the past, you'll know that has happened more than once.

 

But, that's a road we've exhausted with my wheels going back and forth/ back and forth/ back and forth/ over and over again...

 

 so, let's just put it in park and think.

 

where am i going, and am i going the right way?

**winnie.

 

..."Letting go of the past means that can you enjoy the dream that is happening right now." ~Don Miguel Ruiz
(thanks, tiny Buddha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
peace is for everyone.

Followers

facebook peeps