Blog Archive

1.24.2011

baby, don't worry... you know that you got me



I'm always "on the fence" when it comes to live performances/ live recordings because sometimes groups sound horrible live (i.e. smashing pumpkins)
but...I like this live version more than the studio one. (the roots + jill scott "you got me")

Nothing against my lovah, erykah badu..because i love the way she sings the chorus on the "things fall apart" version...,
but, the tempo of the live version (tad slower) mixed with a very clear annunciation of ms. jill scott's parts sound like butter on hot toast...
it literally just melts--

and the ad-lib towards the middle (to the end) makes me wish I could've saw this live and in action, because it sounds absolutely magical.

love it.
**Winnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
peace is for everyone.

Followers

facebook peeps