Blog Archive

11.02.2008

hello kitty is an old pussy.

So,
I think all of my bitching is going to get me fired from the happiest place on the planet.
They're cutting hours at sanz, and I'm sure I'm first to have hours cut, but you know what....I don't give a fuck.

Yesterday was hello kitty's birthday; she's 34. happy birthday, kitty.
It's not like I hate hello kitty, I mean, I've worked for her company since the dawn of mankind, I think it comes down to hating retail.

Yesterday we were understaffed during the busiest hours of the day (thanks kandice), so I had people waiting impatiently to play "spin the wheel", and the remarks I received from all of these ugly losers was a little upsetting.

"Um, ya...I've been waiting for quite some time... my daughter wants to play the raffle game outside."

...you mean, "spin the wheel," bitch? It's not a raffle game. A raffle is when you're holding a ticket in your hand and you're waiting anxiously for someone one to call your number. The game outside is a spin game...kinda like wheel of fortune, minus the fortune.

"It'll be one dollar and eight cents" (me)

"YOU TAX THE GAMES????"

um.....................take a look around you, lady. we're in the united states, california to be exact. Unless your prize is a nasty-ass hello kitty gum, your ass is getting taxed.


the best one from yesterday.

"Your total is two dollars and sixteen cents" (me)

"(long long long pause accompanied with a blank stare)....but, I don't have sixteen cents"--says a grown 30 something year old man trying to win something for his "girl"...(GIRLFRIEND.)

First of all, you're a loser for not having an extra quarter.
secondly, what are you trying to win? a memo pad? Some gift for your girl.
third...what's so hard to understand, there's tax on the games. he literally stood there *blinking* for 30 seconds staring at me.

retail turns me into a person I don't want to be.

The constant "hello, how's your day?" "Can I help you find something (like your way to the door?)"
and the "do you have your bonus card today? no? Well...let me start you on one."
ugh.............................


all day everyday.


People come into the store, dirty things up with their food-stained fingers (because little tokyo is food heaven) and leave.

I don't know why work makes me care about these things either. I don't care if a hello kitty doll falls on the ground and happens to get kicked throughout our dirty-ass store, but when I'm on the clock, I have to seem utterly concerned. "Oh no, this HAS to go into the damaged bin, oops, that's going to screw up inventory."

SO?

Or....the whole "if you break it, you buy it" deal. I've never enforced that because i'm the visuals girl, and I believe that if your merchandise is displayed in such a way that it's not accessible, it's not the customers fault.

But, some of the girls there (the ones who usually fuck up the visuals) are adamant about making a customer pay for something broken. It's like...why do you (as an employee--a literal rat for the big cheese--) care?

I'm in no position to be poor, oh wait..I already am.
but, if being poor means having a little dignity throughout the day so I don't have to badger people to look at the newest arrivals, I think I'll be able to slide by on week-long spaghetti dinners.


**Winnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
peace is for everyone.

Followers

facebook peeps